The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis Media Kit
On this page, you'll find links to access/download materials for The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis. If there is anything else you need, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
Title: The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis
Author: Jerry Root and Mark Neal
Publisher: Abingdon Press
Date of Publication: September 1, 2015
Retail Price: $26.88 US (Paperback)
Long-form copy for newsletters, email, blog posts, etc.
The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis
C.S. Lewis scholars Dr. Jerry Root and Mark Neal have just released an important new book that examines the imaginative development of C.S. Lewis in a completely new way. It's called The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis.
"An excellent and systematic guide to Lewis’s imaginative gifts." --STEVEN A. BEEBE, Regents' and University Distinguished Professor, Texas State University
The purpose of this book is to introduce C.S. Lewis through the prism of imagination. The book examines twelve different works in seven genres and shows how twelve different aspects of the imagination (as identified by Lewis) functioned as the connecting thread of his great literary output.
This gives readers a unique depth of insight into Lewis and his writings but also gives them the tools to cultivate their own imaginations and expand their understanding of the world they live in. While many have read books by C.S. Lewis, not many readers understand his power to give new slants on the things we think we know.
Get this book today and begin expanding your understanding of both C.S. Lewis and the many aspects of the imagination that enable us to enlarge our vision and see the world in new ways.
Short-form copy for blurbs
The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis
A robust understanding of the imagination is vital both to telling truth and expanding our understanding of the world. C.S. Lewis had a highly nuanced understanding of the imagination that is reflected in his great literary output. A new introductory work to Lewis by Jerry Root and Mark Neal called The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis examines twelve different works in seven genres and twelve different aspects of the imagination, as identified by Lewis. It provides a unique insight into Lewis and his writings, but also gives readers the tools to begin to cultivate their own imaginations.
Click on the images to automatically download.
Mark Neal is an author who lives and works in Chicago. He has previously published work on C.S. Lewis, though The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis is his first book.
His interests in Lewis include how the concept of sehnsucht (longing) shapes and defines our lives, the ways in which imagination functions as a form of knowing realities that can't be known in any other way, language as technology, and medieval cosmology.
He has also published poetry and written about the effects of digital technologies on human culture and relationships. He has a bachelor's degree in English literature and a master's degree in education.
Mark has had various careers in his lifetime, but he currently works as VP of digital marketing for C. Grant & Company, a marketing agency located in the western suburbs of Chicago working with higher education, nonprofits, business and publishing.
He and his wife Reba live outside of Chicago, Illinois.
Feel free to use these images of me. Just click on the image and it will automatically download.
- When promoting the book, please link to: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
- When you post a review or promotion, please let me know so I can add/link to your promotion from: http://www.markneal.org/surprising-imagination-reviews
- When promoting via social media, use the hashtag #surprisingimagination
BIO talking points
Sample interview questions
- Another C.S. Lewis book? How is this one different from all the rest?
- How and why did you become interested in C.S. Lewis?
- How did you become interested in the topic of the imagination?
- Why was the imagination so important to Lewis?
- What makes C.S. Lewis’s imagination surprising?
- Why is a nuanced understanding of the imagination important to us?
- What are some examples of these different types of imagination?
- How do we cultivate this nuanced understanding of the imagination to help us live meaningful lives and expand our understanding of the world around us?
- Who would benefit from reading this book?
- So I’ve read this book. Now what? Where can I learn more about Lewis’s imagination?
Please feel free to use these resources as you would like on Facebook, Twitter or other social media. I only ask that you include a link to http://www.markneal.org/imagination
For Twitter, feel free to include @MarkENeal and/or #surprisingimagination
1. A brand new approach to C.S. Lewis and imagination. Click to learn more: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination #surprisingimagination
2. Great new book: The Surprising Imagination of C.S. Lewis. Get your copy now: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
3. A must-read for all C.S. Lewis fans. New book looks in depth at imagination. Learn more: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
4. C.S. Lewis fan? Revolutionary new book looks in depth at Lewis’s imagination. Learn more: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
5. Critics say new book is the most original work about C.S. Lewis in years. Learn more: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
6. Student of C.S. Lewis? Don’t miss new book on Lewis and imagination. Learn more: http://www.markneal.org/cs-lewis-imagination
7. New C.S. Lewis book shatters status quo in Lewis studies, say top scholars. Learn more: j.mp/cslewisimagination
8. C.S. Lewis identified more than 30 types of imagination. New book examines these. Read more: j.mp/cslewisimagination
9. Lewis fan? Read about his #surprisingimagination in highly acclaimed new book. Learn more: j.mp/cslewisimagination
10. Why was the imagination so important to C.S. Lewis? New book gives answers. Read more: j.mp/cslewisimagination
11. Want new insight into C.S. Lewis? New book examines imagination in depth. Learn more: j.mp/cslewisimagination
12. One of the best books on C.S. Lewis to come along in some time. Learn more: j.mp/cslewisimagination